PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 06:20
Cessna414CC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facts

Not a commercial pilot, not a cadet either. However, in reading these posts, it seems to me two things must be accepted if one has the choice to become a cadet:

1. Money is bad as SO, especially in HK. No housing credits either, likely never.
2. The overall airline trend is to cut benefits and pay. CX is no exception, and the cadet programme is a great example of that. Seems to me one must get used to that if they're in the industry. That's the way it is, join them eyes wide open.

What I wonder is how someone with limited experience as an aviator, after a flight school and undoubtedly great training, can expect to fly with 4 years of monkey see and zero monkey do (save for sim training I understand every-other month) with adequate performance in tough situations? So long as you accept the two facts above it seems like a great opportunity but will this give the proper foundation to move to FO and so-forth?

I'm not knocking what I am sure is expectational CX training, and nobody would move to JFO without passing the evaluations. Nonetheless it begs the question......