PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2011, 15:20
judge11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He may have gone about it in a more subtle way but silverhawk has only raised the subject of safety v the bottom line. There are dozens of pages held on this server not only about Ryanair and those foretelling disasters waiting to happen amongst the locos because of perceived 'lower standards' but also questions concerning fuel policy and fatigue. All thses matters are being driven by the 'bottom line' and he raises a legitimate concern that many authorities care to turn a blind eye to so give the chap a break.

stroppy - You may think hard about approaches and I think hard about approaches but regretably the standards to which you and I and the majority of professional pilots operate to are not universal, even within a well managed company with a sound training system. Just ask any TRI/TRE about what they see in the sim from some of your colleagues and some of the stories would make your hair curl. Sadly, the standards between NW European mainline operators and 'others' (even within our 'expanded' Europe and I'll include the kind of outfit Manx2 goes to for wet-lease services) is massive.

Rab C - I've also watched Manx2 and the original euromanx aircraft 'get in' when others have been going around. Common factor - low priced, wet-leases running on a shoe string. Indisputable.