PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deer Jet/Capital Airlines
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2011, 09:54
rawmilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Terms correction for AMEX

Just fyi...it's not 20% the non-rated pilot has to finance up front, it is $18,000 USD for CL605, Global 5000, Hawker 4000, and $20,000 USD for the G550 and Falcon 7X.

Being that the type rating through a broker, can go for around 37K for the G550, and 47K for the 7X and mid thirties for the rest, you pay more like 40-60% of the cost of the type rating up front.

It isn't about the money. It's about incentive for you to stay and not leave AFTER you start working for them, and apparantly, they think this will help keep you there, by paying you back 20% of what you put up front, each year you stay, until fully paid back after 5 years.

Those are the facts on the offer. Now, whether they change or not once you are actually hired, that is another story (or something is re-negotiated before signing). It's China you, anything is possible.

One more thing, if one goes through Brookfield, which was not revealed to me until after I arrived for interview, is that the pilot gets paid through Brookfield, not through the company, which is a bit foreign to me (especially for a 5 year contract).

Hope this info helps those in question.

Cheers
RM