PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - April 2013 Pension changes.
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2010, 12:05
Diablo Rouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but was unaware that anything has formally been announced yet?
Perhaps this is why I do not have a finger on this particular pulse

Rumours were floating around about an expectant exodus of experience once the 'April 13' changes were made public. I fully understand the consequence of leaving prematurely as the situation presently stands. EDP->pension at 55 -> increase at 65 & associated tax free (x2) lump sums versus 55th birthday celebrations with a single lump sum and happy ever after. My concern is that if the pensions process is interfered with at all it will not be in my or anybody elses interests for sure. Hence the question which in short is: Is it financially better for me to be an established former serviceman before April 2013. If no formal announcement has yet been made then clearly I am too far ahead of the game, but seeking the associated pulse if any rumours are out there. I have noticed in recent months that rumour on this forum is usually followed by fact.

I know one should not wish his life away, but the state of the nation and the service in particular means that 2014 cannot come soon enough. I can already see some evidence of an overworked & unhappy workforce with regards to individuals perception of what they are 'owed' or 'entitled' to, and I suspect that RAFPol will be busy with petty crime in the coming years.