PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 27th Nov 2010, 23:13
pilotara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK Interview...

Well I just came back from Dubai where I interview with Emirates. Very impressive HQ's buildings etc etc. Anyway. I talked to alot of friends of mine that they are working there (som f/o's some Cpt's) and pretty much everyone said to turn around and leave. They all compare it as a pile of Sh#t wrapped in gold .
Here is my interview experience:
Very friendly guys, gave us a 2 hour brief on Emirates and the fact that they have money (they kept emphasizing on that), and that they have jobs for everyone.
some of us did the compass test. Pretty easy if you ask me.
Math includes basic algebra, geometry, time-distance problems.
ATP questions I found them easy, just study your current ATPL book and you ll be fine.(nothing from the ACE was in that test).
Some coordination exercise with a Stick , Rudder pedals.
Then we did the Sim eval. I was on the 777-300.
Pretty straight forward. Visual pattern, hand flown no FD no A/T. Then a reduced vis. T/O (12L) V1 cut climb to 3500ft, (they want to see your CRM skills, use your co-pilot.) go direct to Sarjah VOR and hen track the 295 radial outbound. Vectors back to 12L vis. was below mins, do a single engine go around and thats it. Pretty straight forward.
I think that was the most difficult day. The rest there is nothing to study just be yourself and it will be fine. They do need people and they do Expand fast. For me it was a question of money. I don't think what they pay is enough to live in Dubai with a family. Plus really no upgrade. They say 5 years but who knows.

In my opinion everything about Dubai and Emirates its impressive but i found it FAKE..Pretended etc etc. I am currently a Cpt. and going to the right seat ( it's not an issue if the upgrade is faster) with really not enough money and quality of life, it just did not make sense.
I think for single guys that are currently F/o's and looking for something different it can be a good choice. That was not my case though.

Wish everyone good luck to what they decide.