PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 10th Nov 2010, 09:38
BritishGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just intervied recently and didn't make it past the first day unfortunatley. The simulator I felt went a lot better than I had expected (or at least I thought so). I did the visual circuit pretty well, bang on 900' at the shoreline, landed - fine. Then for the LOE I thought that went pretty good too. Maybe there was something I did that I'm not aware of, but to the best of my knowledge I felt it was a successful ride.

As for the compass testing - well, I'm not too sure about that. I'd say it was OK. I won't claim that it went great (as I don't feel that it did), but I don't think it was a complete failure either. Folks afterwards kept telling me that the Sim is what REALLY counts (but then I doubt the compass testing would be done 'just for fun'). I took it all as seriously as one should.

Anyway, got the call in the hotel room that evening that I didn't make it and that I can apply again in 24 months. I did ask if they could shed a little light whether it was the sim or the compass testing where I could do with some improvement, but they declined to comment.

I guess there isn't much that can be done now, but for personal 'peace' I'd like to know where I went wrong and what happened that shouldn't have happened.