PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2010, 10:55
Bob Upndown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So surely, with the issues discussed on this thread plus the general downturn in the aviation industry and the necessary 'belt-tightening' across the board, it beggars belief that VS decide it's now time to change the logo (again) incurring mutli-million pound costs.

I spoke with a ex-colleague who's still at The Office. He told me that ''it's time'', that the existing logo is ''tired'', and that the market research states Virgin's customers ''want to see a new brand image''.

I left VS seven years ago as a senior manager (could see the writing on the wall) and now work outside aviation, still travelling extensively. I stand to be corrected regarding where VS may have done its research, but believe me, and I speak for the vast majority of SLF: we don't care what the lettering on the plane looks like, what colour the tail is or what shade of pantone red is to be used. We simply want to arrive safely, in a fully maintained aeroplane flown by excellent flight deck, with great ground and in-flight product and pleasant CC.

(FYI, I recall and can understand why my ex-colleague friend has that POV; the internal comms propaganda at VS has to be seen to be believed!)

Perhaps if the directors diverted their attention from their ''extra-curricular'' activities and focussed on the business priorities, then nailing you guys for T's&C's, continually telling the staff to ''tighten belts'', etc. etc. could be avoided?

All the best to you all in these difficult times.