PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fire spotting job ad
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 04:24
Warren G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also did this as a first job and can back the other posters up in that it was a good one. I started in Feb asa i heard there were some people leaving and managed to score the job over the phone with a basic CPL (maybe 200 hours or so) and no tailwheel or anything.

I realise this is not the normal process but worked out well for me, stayed 3 months or so then landed my second job under similar circumstances, I'm now out of the game (flying) due to financial reasons predominantly but would give the firespotting another go if between jobs one day as was a good experience.

If you get the opporunity I highly recommend it, beautiful part of the world and fairly relaxed atmosphere, some good travelling to be had on your days off aswell (if Manjimup based) The pay was award so not a huge amount but enough to live on if single given the cheap accomodation provided. Take some warm clothes especially if staying til end of season and an easy going nature and you'll get along well due to to varied people you get working with you.

Hope that helps somewhat, and yes Greg Simpson is who you'll likely be dealing with in Manji, good bloke IMO.

If you're after and tips of nice places to visit/travel experiences when you're down there let me know. A PM may be best.

Cheers

Wazza