PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express B738 crash
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 01:25
VONKLUFFEN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...what kills is not the bullet

....it's the speed.

Who cares if he slept. That did not kill them. It was the unstable app.( if it is proven it was the case) So back to the topic and the real problem.
Where I work it used to be like that. Lots lots of unstable app with all its consequences , tragic some of them. It was until company culture , training tools , effective monitoring and people willing to make a change, that flying become more safe. When I hear about this case and all what has been mentioned I feel sad for the poor Indians that take public and privet transport. Until CORRUPTION, NEPOTISM BLA BLA BLA, disappears things will stay the same. Airplanes are SO safe that is why in India and other places as well, don't have the same number of tragedy's every year as they do with buses, trains and ferries.

Where there is a crack the root will grow in. Then is just a matter of time for the wall to collapse.

Remember snakes have no boobs, cats don't fly, birds don't bite, dogs have fur no feders.

Don't think to much:
UNSTABLE APPROACHES ARE NOT SAFE AND KILL PEOPLE!!!!
Don't think it wont happen to you.

Lets review:

Plan to be fully configured AND stable for instrument app at 1000 ft AAL. Stable at 500, if visual.

A/C in landing conf
Sink rate no more then 1100ft/min
Airspeed on target plus corrections according to AC type
Engines spooled up
No more that One dot above , below, right or left of GS / LOC
No more then 5 radials deviation left/right on a non precision app.
VASI PAPI no full Red / White.
Be sure A/C will land at the Touch Down Zone (TDZ)

Criteria not met: GO Around IS mandatory.

SO SIMPLE!
Now leave EGOS and Top Guns mentalities back home.
Be a Real Pilot and Stand for WHAT is right NOT WHO is right. If you do this your whining will be heard with respect. If not, go somewhere else, you don't belong here.

Last edited by VONKLUFFEN; 14th Sep 2010 at 01:39.