PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - M1 Visa or no Visa and SEVIS approved schools in the USA
Old 9th Sep 2010, 16:57
GKaplan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The FAA examiner will check you have the email confirming permission and that the training provider listed is the same as the one who signed you off for your flight test.
training provider? signed off? ...sorry no... but carrying on

I agree with everything you say about an initial certificate,
however I do make the difference between "the initial issuance of a certificate" and "seeking training for the initial issuance of a certificate".

That would be more consistent with the thinking behind the requirements of a threat assessment for initial license, instrument rating, and MEL (see TSA's interpretation of flight training and the "training that substantially enhance piloting skills")

To be honest and although they are clear about it, they should include a 61.75 license in the exemptions because the piloting skills are already there (otherwise they shouldn't have issued the license!).
When you mention folks in my situation, the argument should be in favor of the exemption from the TSA assessment: ATP+5000 hours, my skills aren't going to be substantially enhanced by an other certificate

It's schyzophrenic to do otherwise after their explanations, but hey they would miss a few fees...$$$$$ That's all that counts in the end

Last edited by GKaplan; 9th Sep 2010 at 17:35.