PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serious Gulfstream incident in Kerry Ireland.
Old 31st Aug 2010, 22:28
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I the only one that read the following:

1. the Captain lied about the level of engine vibration

2. the Captain lied about closing the #1 throttle to reduce the vibration

3. the Captain failed to secure the CVR

4. the Captain (at a date later then the interview) added the additional info they they were effectively flying solo etc etc etc

5. the company never authorised the engine runs that just happened to delete the relevant CVR.

and thought about the turbo prop some years back at Wick I think who it is believed almost landed gear up, and then went into the hold for a while and just happened to land and secure the CVR at a time after all the relevant conversations were deleted.

--------

Sounds like an average day at some training organisations I have come across - "Good JaaaaaB!!! You Guys Are Great!!! Top 98%!!!!!

---------

Still trying to decide if the investigation comment regarding the FO's training records and the FMS / systems comments were pointing the finger at the training organisation or questioning what the Captain was claiming.

I believe based on my reading of the report that yes - the FO lost situational awareness and this is evidenced by the fact that they did not take control during the unsafe descent. However, the only available evidence does not back up the Captain's claims in regard to FO performance.

Finally the fact that the timing of the door opening / closing is very significant when combined with the fact that the Captain has clearly has a very close look the the blades of the engine.

In sumary I see a Captain telling lies about things they did not need to so what are they not telling?????