PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 19:50
DocBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do have relatives in a number of other nations where the health service is better at providing a service, faster, to a higher standard, in a cleaner environment and without spending such a vast amount of money.
Sorry gotta bite on this one.
Won't don't spend a vast sum of money on health care in this country. We actually spend less than the majority of other European nations (around $(US)2700 per head per annum).
Thats a lot less than France, Germany, Denmark, Australia, Canada and even Iceland. And a HUGE wedge less than the states. The only reason so much is made of it is because nearly all of it comes from Taxation rather than top-up payments or private insurance so everyone sees it.
Yet we have, IMHO, a very good but rather overworked system. It can be a bit slower than elsewhere at times, but I can assure you not by much, an in that I include the rubbish service peddled by the private sector in the UK. And although some of the hospitals are showing their age, everyone in this country has access to high quality health care free at the point of delivery regardless of means.

Don't believe everything you read the the Daily ******* Mail and their ilk.
There are far riper targets for cuts than the NHS (although a few less managers and the removal of some of Mr Brown's over regulation would be nice!).
So far as my amateur view goes, I really can't see how anyone outside the US can afford the F35, the figures are eye-watering.