PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The next pilot strong pilot hiring cycle - independent study?
Old 19th Jun 2010, 12:28
stefair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are jobs out there.

Since Jan this year, I (600 TT) have had one airline screening with a major (got the call without TR), one definite job offer on a light twin (salary job), another job offer (SE, temp job, salary), and two more freelance gigs (first job on a twin, second job light SE, both unpaid) and another screening coming up (TR would be paid for). Also, in holding pool with a regional and been told by CP chance are good to get the call later this year as the market was "clearly picking up." I am an old fart (well relatively), trained modular, and part of it in Spain. So technically, should you believe everyone says on here, I should be dropping my hopes for employment immediately but offers keep rolling in.

By the way, BY NO MEANS am I trying to brag here but what I'm trying to get at is, there is opportunities out there but you need to look very hard for it.

I can name you several people right now with 200 hours fresh out of the press who passed several screenings and can choose the airline they want to work for. I am not kidding.

The key is, produce a CV that sticks out, e.g. uni degree, languages, ANY flying job will do as long as you stay in the loop. Be 100 percent flexible. If you are not chances are you will not make it. Complete high school to get a shot at a screening over on the continent. Most majors require that over there, e.g. German speaking market.

Last, I actually doubt that P2F schemes will get you an edge over other applicants. In fact, with most airlines it will work against you as they cannot mold you into that person they want. RYR is only one example.

Good luck to everyone looking!