PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 19th Jun 2010, 10:47
Pilot Positive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an example, Emirates have stated they need 250 pilots this year and 500 next year. BA have also expressed a need for several hundred pilots.
We are not aware of attrition rates at Emirates and neither are we aware of whether those numbers represent firm commitment or speculative projections based on current demand.

The UK/European economy is far from out of the woods and the financial pundits have already got their money on a double dip recession. Sorry if it sounds glass half full but that is likely to be the reality. I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong but I have that nagging feeling...

Your arguement is well formulated Alex but lets keep it simple: Undertaking an Integrated course during a recession is very risky. Doing a modular course during a recession is a better managed risk but still a risk.

The third option? Wait 8 - 12 months to see how the industry has progressed and then make a decision.