PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The next pilot strong pilot hiring cycle - independent study?
Old 16th Jun 2010, 02:34
Urkel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The next pilot strong pilot hiring cycle - independent study?

Has anyone seen an "independent" study (that tries to be as objective as possible) about when we may expect to see significant hiring again?

Retirements are a bit of a known value, but there are a million other variables at play, and they're hardly predictable. But if you look at historical cycles you can sorta make reasonable guesstimates.

Most of the 'studies' I've seen usually have an agenda behind them; they're either paid for by the flight training industry, or some other industry group has a vested self-interest in making things "look good".

Even while reading the FAA Forecast, which is rosy, I couldn't help but wonder about what some bureaucrat was thinking while writing the forecast.

It was probably something like:

"If I write negative things, then Obama might start cutting funding to the FAA, and me and my friends could lose our jobs."

So are there any truly independent studies out there?

There will be another hiring wave, but how many years out is that hiring wave? 1 year? 2 years? 3 years? Maybe 4? Perhaps more.