PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA/CAA/CASA/ICAO conversion to FAA
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2010, 12:07
dillan1planes

ICAO CPL - FAA ATP - Canadian ATPL

I will get a letter of verification for my ICAO Commercial Pilots license from Australia to the FAA. Once that is done, I can sit the FAA ATP medical, written exam and flight test.

Later I would hope to convert the FAA ATP to a Canadian one (Canada and the USA have a conversion agreement). However, on the Transport Canada website, it states:

*"(d) FAA pilot certificates issued on the basis of a foreign licence are not eligible for conversion to a TCCA pilot licence under these implementation procedures. TCCA pilot licences issued on the basis of a foreign licence are not eligible for conversion to an FAA pilot certificate under these Implementation Procedure"

What does "on the basis of a foreign licence" mean? Does it mean they would not recognize my license since the CPL has originated from a foreign country, or that this is only for foreign ATP - FAA ATP direct conversions????

Any help would really be appreciated!

*Conversion between U.S. and Canadian Pilot Licences - Conversion between U.S. and Canadian Pilot Licences - Flight Crew Licensing - General Aviation - Personnel Training & Licensing - Air Transportation - Transport Canada