PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Aircraft Handling During Approach & Landing
Old 26th May 2010, 10:42
Air Tourer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confusion

Thanks King Julian. Yet reading this forum I've rightly or wrongly got the impression some (unwanted) high rates of decent have been accomplished.
And by memory, some approaches are made at flight idle from TOD to "right in close". (Which surly makes it difficult to reduce power to increase decent.)

And that something like 30+ % power is used for a 3 deg. slope. ie allows for a reduction if necessary.

And one thread recently stressed that if go-around power was pre selected, immediate power and thrust would be available, but yes I saw the french go into the forrest.

Don't know what the head banging on go-arounds is for, the high approach questions are WHY some get too high in the first place.

In my business, mostly one way strips (no go-around possible), well you just got low on approach and made sure you stayed that way.

Are you all allowed to be a bit low on the glide slope, or is the problem only with those somehow above it closer in?

Or am I totally out of my depth?