PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Replacing Cessna seatbelts - GA
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 19:40
NutLoose

Received 2,546 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Its all indicitive of the way the CAA are these days Malcom.........poor, to find out what the head of policies and standards thought on the matter by having to read someones magazine is piss poor..... Indeed it is an aspect that is not viewed by all of the surveyors as legitimate I believe....

They seem to have little, no guidance or little idea as to what they are doing and it varies from one to another, so you get one company playing from a different rule book to the next, a lot of the staffing are no longer engineers but simply university fodder that simply do not have a clue......

When the first Engineering licencing guide was released I was dismayed to see under examples to qualify for twin piston pressurised metal aircraft they had listed as the examples. the Cessna 441 ( Conquest 2 Turboprop) and also the Cessna 500 ( Citation Jet )

When companies listed their types for part M approvals some were made to list such as Cessna 152, 172, 182, 210 etc where other ( different surveyors no doubt) were allowed to simply add Cessna piston single..

I was then totally dismayed at the farce of it all when I saw one company had been succesfull in having Cirrus twins on their approved listing.......... I do hope someone tells Cirrus about this imaginary aircraft.. at that point I felt like applying to put Hans Solos Millenium Falcon on our approval.. If they could have fictitious types, why can't I