PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Riverside Flight Center - pros and cons
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2010, 16:21
joematt007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well maybe "bryan1978" , might have had a good experience . However , the same doesn't hold true for the rest of the students at RFC . Delays are rampant here . There is no way a student can finish here in less than 10 months . The private itself takes around 7 months .

The instructors here unnecesarilly waste your time and money . The orals over here show no sign of abating .

They say it is a gaurenteed course , but invariably you end up paying over and above the quoted price .

Carly , who is the housing manger , makes up for her salary by imposing these non-descript fines in lieu of "cleaning","electricity bill" etc . The apartments they provide are just ramshackle apartments . Something or the other keeps falling apart . The dishwasher at my apartment never worked while I was there . They charge each student 600 bucks , but it is an absolute waste . Trust me that apartment is not worth that amount . For the same amount of money you can get a really good fully furnished apartment in some prime locale here .

Yuri , the owner of the school has frequent mood swings and is prone to throwing people out as per his whims and fancies . There is this rule here that you cannot go out of the apartment after 10 o clock . This holds true even if you have NOTHING in your fridge . You could be starving to death but you are not allowed to step out .

As regards the flying , Yuri makes sure you fly whenever he wants you to fly and not when , you can fly .

All in all , avoid this school at all costs . No point spending 11 months here . This place doesn't beckon anyone .