PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 14:25
Pin-Lever-Pin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My personal experience of the last few days.

The service for the last few days has been so limited that I imagine 8 crew could manage a 777. I'm not sure I'd want to though!!
I've just completed a 777 trip with 8 crew (4 regular crew and 4 volunteers), the service was fine, despite being trimmed down, and I have to say everyone made it work and this was recognised by the passengers.

There was a great atmosphere on board and at the end I knew my decision to volunteer, despite being a 'Guardian reading lefty', was the right one.

I don't know what benefit there is in the continual trading of figures and statistics about who turned up and how many planes took off, as one can always find a statistic to counter another. I can say that more flights have departed than were planned for the current disruption period and indeed people have been sent home as there was a surplus of regular cabin crew.
On my flight we ended up with two extra crew members at the briefing who were stood down.

On a personal note, as one who has friends on either side of the line, is that I'm proud of those of you who had the courage to come in to work under the enormous pressure that has existed to do otherwise and to those of you who 'downed tools' get the result that you wish for.

Above thoughts and opinions are mine and mine alone.