PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 11:46
Rover90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not entirely accurate and somewhat misleading

Abbey Road commented:
A lucrative HKG, probably completely crewed by more senior cabin crew
The African destinations will have more of the junior cabin crew
Statements like this are not an accurate representation, BA Cabin Crew rostering is not a bid system and there is a very effective roster equalization program in place that levels the “playing field” over a rolling 14 month period. Despite feeling that one has a rubbish roster very few people can actually demonstrate that when they ask for an audit of their past roster.

Any given HKG or NBO would have a reasonable cross section of crew seniority rostered. The more popular trips HKG, BKK, SIN, CPT etc are frequently requested by individuals or groups quite legally a couple or so times a year depending on grade up to a max of 4 for a full time CSD.

It would be naïve to deny that after roster publication that there could be a little selective sickness or discrete allocation of unfilled positions to certain individuals but in the main the system is pretty solid and well regulated.

One final thought, and this is tongue in cheek to make a point.

BASSA/UNITE have reduced their figure from 90% support yesterday morning to 80% today as the level of support from their members, that would be 8,800 out of 11,000 members. As someone who was not required to swipe in over this period, UNITE has therefore assumed that I am supporting the strike so I look forward to getting my £30 per day from them together with the other 8799 members, total £264,000 per day. Personally, I am more than happy with the current arrangement that I have with BA.

Last edited by Rover90; 22nd Mar 2010 at 12:03.