PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 10:36
bmimainline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a BA employee, I am a pilot. I wanted to make some observations. Heathrow (at least it was yesterday) was awash with red, white and blue aircraft. Mostly parked up between the runways at the eastern end of the airfield. There are also some parked around the T5 stands - some 3 aircraft to a stand. As we took off last night there were lots of aircraft parked at T5 but most seemed to be wet leased. There is a lot of rhetoric coming from both sides and I suspect that the truth lies, as it always does, somewhere in the middle. My company is carrying enormous numbers of BA customers all over the place and doing everything they possibly can to keep them. The point I am trying to make is that no matter where you stand on the issues involved the strike is having a massive impact on BA and it's reputation around the world. I hope that a resolution can be found but given that both sides have taken to the trenches with their tin hats on it is difficult to see how that is going to happen. At least in the near future.