PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius wannabees
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2010, 01:46
mumby50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for you WAC-chart you left MicKey Mouse Airlines….(MK) !!!. As you know, many people here are working on this as well… The way they have been treating people last year showed us how bad they are. It doesn’t matter if you have 20 years seniority or 2 years, if you are an expat or a local. They are loosing, year after year, their best local pilots. Expat are also jumping the ship fast forward!!

The way contract renewal is handle is terrible. One day you are out of a job, The next day you will have 3 months break before your next contract. A few weeks later they call you in for work because they realize they are short….A senior local pilot was advise by email, while on a lay over, that after returning base he was out. A few pilots over 60, some with freshly renewed contract were fired since they were over 60!!! They were given contract when they were over 60 and they finally decide that they don’t want them any more. You had an interview with another airline, you are fired. You are thinking about retirement, you are fired. All this happened last year……and the list goes on and continue to happen!!!!

Don’t trust anyone from the “dream team”. They will call you my friend when they need something from you, but stab you in the back at the first occasion. They are there to protect themselves and look after their own well-being. If you don’t say or do what they want you are told that you may end up on the black list….HR is there only to sc..w you up and do whatever is needed not to pay what is owned to you. Here I am not talking about corruption, it has been mentioned on another posts…..

This is how it goes at Air Mauritius and I could say much more…..

For, Goahead2010, who PM me, the information above should help, interview: you can expect some technical stuff, HR girl or guy might test you with some questions, all in all nothing different from other places. First year FO basic salary is euros 2842/monthly.

Cheers