PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are Gulfstream II and IIB so cheap?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2010, 13:39
Global Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

You obviously understand strategy and risk. I think there are still opportunities out there to spend $x Million now that in 2-3 years will be worth $x+

Aircraft will be saleable and you would have an asset that appreciates rather than depreciated.

I think anyone that buys a G11/GIIB/G11SP now will be the last owner of that aircraft so in terms of asset value no return.

Anyway, well done for coming here and asking the right questions to a community that has no reason to BS you. You have listened to the arguments and made an educated decision with regards to the Gulfstream.

I think if you had a figure that you were mentally happy with, with regards to running costs of an older aircraft, you might find more comfort and piece of mind using that as a pot of money to charter with and then go scheduled across the pond.

You are of course entirely right that the security etc is a pain in the ass but it is a necessary evil these days and truthfully, how many times a year will you put yourself through that?

Good luck anyway

GW