PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying the MU2 - facts please.
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 18:40
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even though this post was some time ago I feel the need to respond to this poster total ignorance of the aircraft he says he has over 800 hours in. My first thought on reading his remark is that he must have been asleep for the whole 800 hours and his passengers are very lucky to have survived his inept knowledge and attitude.
Well. A couple of things come to mind reading that mindless, insulting, arrogant and juvenile post.

First one can disagree without being so insulting. Obviously your super inflated opinion of yourself as a hero pilot transcends such things as common courtesy. Just how rare is the air on that lofty pedestal you have placed yourself on anyway?

As for luck, there is no pilot alive that has not been lucky on occasion, well with the exception of you of course, you being so superior to we common mortal souls that dare to fly an aircraft while lacking your God like skills and talents. I, being a mortal soul, will admit that there were a few occasions in my career that luck played a part of accomplishing the following:

A career of being a professional pilot lasting over forty (40) years, accumulating a total of over 21,000 hours of flying time, being type rated in eight aircraft, seven jet aircraft and one piston, operated extensively internationally, flown around the world and have achieved all of the above without scratching a single aircraft or a single passenger. None of the preceding could have been accomplished by luck alone.

I stand by my comments regarding the MU-2, all of them no matter the series. The MU-2 has the highest accident rate, highest fatal accident rate of any other type of turbo-prop in its class. That's a fact.

I will say however that the MU2 climbs very well on one engine flaps 20 and 125 knots.
Not only is that statement completely misleading, it is dangerous. Try that in any stretched MU-2 at MGTOW, with any OAT plus ISA and you will be killed, along with every other poor soul that was stupid enough to be riding with you. Obviously your reading skills, retention ability and your capability of comprehending the written word is as poor as your ego is super inflated.

I clearly stated in previous posts that the MU-2 can be flown safely. However, only with excellent initial training and constant retraining on a regular basis by an organization such as Flight Safety. Also the maintenance must be kept at a top notch level.

Pilots with your super inflated opinion of yourself are the most dangerous things in aviation. I know this because I have been to a lot of their funerals.

Now, one last point.

They are still building Kingairs, they are not still building MU-2s, there's a damn good reason for that fact.