PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 26th Jan 2010, 17:15
Cpt. Sunshine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very informative read for one of your beloved "zombie wannabes" to take in. I think ever since I started participating in PPRuNe, I've been modular all the way! To be honest, I struggle to see the pull of integrated when schools like Stapleford and Multiflight are offering zero to fATPL courses in 18 months for £30,000-£50,000. I'm no genius but twenty or thirty grand isn't to be sniffed at for brand name (might just pay the SSTR one seems required to do to get a job now). I don't support SSTR by the way!

Just a quick question from someone with plenty of time to play with (14 now, 4 more school years and possible 3 at Uni). Is it beneficial doing a degree and doing some sort of hour building/CPL training seperate from your University studies (money permitting)?

Sorry if I appear naive in what I write. I'm asking all this just as I begin my GCSE Option choices so I'm trying to plan ahead with regard to at what point I intend to do flight training and what qualifications I'm going to try and get.

Thanks for posting the figures, they were very interesting,