PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legalities of working as a flight instructor.
Old 11th Jan 2010, 09:42
eph6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Max, I thought as much. My wife who works in the health service is surprised that we have no contract.

I copied this from the vetting and barring scheme here in the Uk...

The VBS, stipulates that anyone taking part in activities involving "frequent" or "intensive" contact with children or vulnerable adults three times in a month, every month, or once overnight (from 2am-6am) must register by November 2010 and have their status "continuously updated and monitored."
This will include parents who regularly drive children for sports or social clubs, parents who host foreign exchange students, teachers, children's sports coaches, childcare workers, private tutors, probation officers, prison officers, care workers, people advising 'ChildLine' callers, nurses, GPs,youth workers, domiciliary care workers, dentists, osteopaths, opticians, contracted taxi drivers, volunteers and driving instructors.

The reason I ask this question Is that we seem to be living in an inceasingly litigious society and I can remember a friend in the financial services industry who was in the unfortunate situation of having an unfounded sexual harassment allegation leveled at him. It drove him to leaving his job. The accusor was found to be chancing her arm but the damage had been done.