PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2010, 12:00
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
patience

Guys, I know how it feels to be waiting and not have a clue as to whether they are interested in you or not. I am also waiting for an interview date myself. But why not look at this from another perspective? They might be taking a longer time to look at your application than others, but guess what? You haven't been rejected yet, which means they are probably trying to figure out:

1. Whether you are worth looking at; or
2. When and where they should tell you to go for an interview.

Why does it take so much longer for some people? Who knows! There must be a lot of factors that come into play, and unless the HR themselves come onto PPrune to explain, no one will ever know for sure how things are done. But one thing is for sure - as long as you don't have the rejection e-mail sitting in your inbox, then you are still in the run to secure a cadetship with Cathay Pacific.

Personally, I don't care what the ladies in the Recruitment Department do, or how this particular way of doing things is hurting the Cadet Programme (I actually do not see how it is doing so, candidates are a dime a dozen anyway). I am going to wait for as long as they need to assess my application. Like many others on this forum, I have decided to make flying my life-long career, so how can 3 or 6 or 9 months of waiting hurt a potential career that could span decades?

Patience, and good luck to all!