PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From AVWEB: SIDs for Cessna Singles?
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2009, 19:44
Grogmonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re SID's on C310's

Gentlemen,

This subject is a little touchy and has been done to death in previous posts. I can confirm that CASA will not make you do the SID's inspection. What they have done, back in September, is mandated that you have to maintain your aircraft to the the country of origin, read USA & FAA, with respect to AD's and mandatory service bulletins etc. So If you operate in charter or RPT SID'S is mandated. Private, you can do what you like. Now I can also confirm that many C310 owners, charter or otherwise, have not completed the SID's programme on their aircraft. This gives them an unfair advantage over operators who have. Will CASA make a stand on this? No they won't and please don't ask why as I do not know. However if there were any type of incident resulting in death or injury in an aircraft that is not compliant, kiss your house and any other assets that you may have, goodbye.

Now I expect some people will correct me and that's fine because interpretation is what it is all about but I can assure you this is the state of play right now. Should SID's be done? Yes because the programme has uncovered many defects and this will make your aircraft first, safer and second, worth more at resale.

Groggy