PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - idiots with shotguns
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 17:05
R44-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You say it's all in the definition, which is exactly what i'm trying to tell you...
A solid slug is defined as a single metal shot be it lead, steel or copper, but a single projectile either a round ball or a rifled slug.

A hatton round is steel powder bound in wax so no it's not a solid slug, it's hatton round by definition. It is not a 'solid slug'.

So are the Home Office and firearm licencing agencies all wrong then? I should give the UKPSA a call and educate them then...

There are not many materials used for solid slug, there are various different types of single piece metals used.
There are many different materials used as slug shot yes as I stated, a rubber slug shot is a slug, but not defined as a solid slug etc...

And what would be the problem on shooting a hatton round down a choked barrel?

I'm unsure what to make of your last post.

"Says who",
Says the FBI who put considerable amounts of investigation in such things, which i'm sure filters down to most American Law Enforcements. It says it in my above post which I suggest you re-read.

"Define stop",
To quickly and effectively stop a human attacker permantely. Pretty simple really, not sure where toddlers come in but they certainly have no place on this partiular thread.
You cannot define a human by size as targets faced are all different and ever changing.
Whether the attacker be on 'crack' or not the chosen load is to put lights out on anyone as quickly and effectively as possible.

You say "I'd certainly be stopping if I got a NO.4 to the chest from 3 yards."
Yes as would I, said that in the previous post also... And what it does again say in my previous post: They often site examples of bad guys being shot with bird shot breaking off an attack, the important thing to realize is that in almost all cases the attacker chose to stop the attack, he was not forced to stop.

The attacker chose to stop the attack. This by definition is not what there looking for in a load. Lights out quick and effectively, i.e birdshot.