PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American MD80 rough landing CLT/leaves debris!
Old 18th Dec 2009, 22:40
Micky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAT 3

Fair enough; Unfortunately you do not care to mention which aircraft you are talking about. At the moment. we are discussing scheduled airline operations, subject to a myriad of international rules and regulations.
Sorry you are right there...It's the CRJ...(100-900) fitted with HUGS can perform CAT 3a approaches RVR 200m DH 50' and Low vis T/0 down to RVR 75m.

And trust me I know what it feels like flying a CAT 3 after a 4 to 5 sektor Days with Duty times up to 12-14h.

I take your point that it seem's a little crazy flying a Cat3 with out Autothrottle and Autoland (The CRJ has none), but the system is quite cleverly done and highly accurat. And like I said it has prooven it's worth in the last 17 Years...
But I am the lucky one as I just have to sit and watch People like Nic have to do the buisness...
You should ask him what he feels
But this is a little thread drift...Getting back on Topic, where they acctualy flying a Cat3 app?? or a cat1 app with minimum weather?
That might be the reason they disengaged at 300' because they could see the lights? Especally considering that this was at night?

Good night

Micky