PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who were the pilots in the 22 Hunter Loop at Farnborough Air Show in 1958?
Old 14th Dec 2009, 19:48
Dundiggin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'spacey' memoirs.....

When I was an ATC cadet at 457 Sqn Farnborough in '59 - '60, we had a summer camp at Swinderby when it had Vampires (what a bloody wonderful noise half the night every night!) anyway, we had air exp Chipmunk flying as was the 'norm' and I flew with a Sqn Ldr Chas Bowyer who was in the 22 Hunter loop at Farnborough. In fact, he said he was leading the 2nd flt from Odiham for that week. Because I was showing so much interest, the 20min flight extended to 45mins and included a 'hammerhead' which led to the Chipmunk having to be checked out before the next flight.
All the 'yoof of the day' round my neck of the woods in Fleet were well impressed with the Farnborough Airshow esp with the Black Arrows and we witnessed the display on several occasions during that week. I remember sending off for an Information Pack from 111 Sqn and I received an A4 poster with a photo of the 22 Hunter loop in the centre surrounded by photos and names of all the pilots who were in the loop.
Is it too much to hope that one of these posters still exists???