PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI puts 600 jobs at risk?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2009, 18:36
stansdead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honest Frank,

Let's make this totally straight. I don't have any sympathy for AEU losing work, when that work rightfully and legally belongs to others.

You lose the 757 work? Well, it was a legally agreed deal between BMI and it's pilots that AEU were only filling a gap. ACMI work is notoriously fickle.

Aer Lingus? Well, it seems 100 Irish Pilots were sitting at home awaiting redundancy as AEU/AL did the dirty.

You have loudmouths like Rainboe spouting joyfully about MARKET FORCES and gleefully telling all and sundry that this is the way forward.

Well, now the Chickens are coming home to roost for some, and I personally hope that those who have crowed about MARKET FORCES and how lucky people are to be able to apply for their own jobs.....etc etc etc.... well, let's just say I am looking forward to seeing some medecine being doled out.

Short sighted? No, not me. I'm a forward thinking bloke who knows all too well that if any AEU pilots are laid off they'll find new jobs. Of course, they'll be MARKET FORCES pay rate jobs, but Rainboe should be able to advise you.........