PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI puts 600 jobs at risk?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2009, 16:33
skip.rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilotsama330-

Let’s not paint this cadet scheme as anything other than what it is – a jobs for the boys training ticket protection scheme!!!
Sorry, but that's a load of b*ll*cks. If the PAYG cadets stop coming, it has been stated at the roadshows that the likelihood is that the training tickets will be pulled for those over & above the required. I was merely stating that if the revenue coming in was paying to keep the trainers with their 'ticket', the only downside will be the hours accrued by those taken off their sectors. (and that crewing will endeavour to put as many hours as poss towards those guys).

Then I can only assume you will be one of the first to volunteer for redundancy, think of how much petrol money you will save then.

I'm sure the 8 redundant pilots who could have kept their jobs had this scheme be thrown out will have bigger things to worry about than petrol money.
Firstly,- er,- no I won't - why should I? - anyone who needs the hours or expenses is more than welcome to take my place on the jumpseat.

I see, then - so you're saying that if you were rostered a day off in lieu of these cadets (which you could use to spend with your family, for example) - you would travel to work and either sit on the jumpseat of an aeroplane to earn a tenner in expenses, or sit around the crew room & the terminal for said period of time (where a few cups of coffee & a sarnie will easily cost you a tenner) - and travel back home again having spent a similar amount on petrol!??

I note that you keep banging on about 8 jobs going as a result of the PAYG cadets.
The existence of these guys makes diddly-squat difference to the numbers at the end of the day.
- in an ideal world they shouldn't be there, I have said so before, but with respect, I really don't see your problem with these guys.

The real problem is the fact that there are EMBs flying mainline routes out of LHR in contravention of the scope agreement; this alone is gonna cost 30 jobs if it is not resolved. - rather makes all of the grief above seem like a p*ss in the ocean, doesn't it?

S.R.