PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2009, 11:04
betpump5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought my message was crystal clear and I didn't expect to get that many queries afterwards but let me try and answer some of the concerns.

Firstly "no recruiting" in 2010 means the graduated CP 31/32 cadets who are close to graduating will not be given their strart date at CX in 2010. This is obvisouly also true for CP 33-35 who are expected to graduate that year - CP36 should graduate end of January 2011.

The good news is that due to the predicted demand of cadet pilots, the CP batches have been given differing wait times. CP31=12 months and CP36=3-6 months. This is obvioulsy good news.

Holdmetight,

Flapsupdown is obvioulsy correct. When the demand for SOs increase, the grduated cadets will be first in line. Where else will we get them from? And there will be an abundance of them but if by some mircale we don't have enough, then there will still be a few poor sods swimming in the DESO pool to be plucked when needed.

Wings1123

The only contract you sign is the one saying you will be given 60 weeks traning. The contract does not say you will be given a position at CX. You do the 60 weeks, graduate, have your photo taken then you go back to wherever you came from or wherever you want to go and wait for the phonecall.

I hope this answers any concerns. FYI I heard that there was a little bit of a rush last week with the 6th floor trying to get people on the CP36 course. In the end, only 11 cadets made it rather than the hoped for 16. There was a worrying period when only 6 or so cadets had made it through.

Like I said, the girls aren't travelling the world just to go shopping whilst puting cadets on the shelf. Likewise CX wont be too keen on spending all this money on cadets only for them to be out of action for 2 years while they wait for a start date.