PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Flying Clubs
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2009, 02:36
Markzai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL course? Hum...must it be Malaysia (DCAM) or Singapore (CAAS) PPL? The money you are going to spend in Malaysia or Singapore, is better well worth spending elsewhere to do.
HI Thornycactus,

Thank for your useful information.

May i ask what do you mean by 'better well worth spending elsewhere to do'. Did u hv similar experience before, i.e. got ur ppl overseas and it is non- Malaysia or Singapore.

Recently on our local newspaper (4th Dec 09), DCA is most likely not going to approve new foreign ppl student in Msia. Hence the next best option is Singapore Flying Club. I hv actually considered this club before but 12-18 months before i can get a restricted license really put me off.

I hv checked the ppl course in US and Oz. Basic course fee (excluding accom and food and air tix) is cheaper compared to Singapore and almost the same as Msia, but can be completed in a shorter time, at least from what i can read in the fourm.

There are quite a lot of teaching schools to choose from in these 2 countries. I thought of Horizon Aviation in Boston or Adelaideftc where i have friends so that i can bunk in with them for the 5 months. I wonder if you have any experience for ppl training in Aust or USA (FAR part 61 or 141)?

Thank you for your sharing ince again.