PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet 2 - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2009, 18:04
Jet2krazey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The MD (PM) is just sick of putting people through the training for them to then decide a week or two after coming online, that they dont like it, and flying isnt for them, and then leaving!
Its an expensive process putting crew through all the training and costs alot more than £600 per crew member. crew start then complain about the working hours and the job in general, even tho there fully explained at the assesment days! Then leave! although normally bonded and have to pay anyway if they leave in the 1st 6 months, this is hoping to stop people wasting time before hand. making sure crew who get the job really want it, Put the effort in, and also cutting costs for the airline.

In the current times lots of airlines are making losses and the MD is just being Prudent! He may find this way doesnt work after this year especially if people dont turn up for the assesment days and doesnt get the numbers required!
I really cant see their gonna waste their own time and yours by sending you for training to then say you havent got a job! it still costs them to do assesment days, I would just say there covering their own backs incase say you cant cope with the intense training and fail! then they have the option to turn you down! In normal training if you fail they would have an added expense to try get you through as they have already invested in that crew member, if your paying for the training its your own fault that you dont revise put the effort in and pass!

People play up at assesment days and be what the airline want them to be, then during training you get to see the real person, guess this is also a way of seeing if people put the effort in during training and not just doing it cos of the appeal of saying their cabin crew, but not realising the hard work that needs to be inputted before getting online!

Id say if you get through the assesment process, work hard during training, impress and pass everything! then i cant see why they wouldnt want you as a crew member!

Just my opinion, but i dont think at all its a money making scam, and that they would train people to then not guarantee a job! you just have to be sure flying is for you, and put the effort in.