PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2009, 09:25
flapsupdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey - some good comments and info from blue_side_up!

I especially agree with the point about being patient before sending in a follow-up email.....remember to look at the bigger picture and realize that the applicant pool went from just HKID card holders to the WHOLE world so don't worry too much if you don't get a response right away....

with the point about being "over qualified" - I just wanted to share my perspective on that. I don't think they will deny entry to the program to anyone purely because you are "overqualified" - as a matter of fact, I think flight experience is valuable as it shows you have strong enough of an interest to dedicate your resources to flying...I think the more important thing here is your attitude towards your own experiences....

remember, CX sends their cadets to learn from the basics...and each flight school may teach different things...so I think its important to show that you are open and willing to learn alongside your peers and be willing to re-learn what you may already know and to learn and accept technique/SOP/theory which may contradict what you already know.....

just wanted to share my thoughts on that...all the best!