PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - best flying school to enroll in the philippines
Old 11th Oct 2009, 11:18
jetcruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luck?

Luck? I agree, most if not all that surrounds this job is luck. But, if one happens to struck you, You have to really really perform and do your best " its Showtime !!!!" otherwise, that luck of yours goes down the drain.

For low timers, flying as Safety pilots or to begin as F.I. is always a good idea.
Or, if you can find a place vacated by some guys who went to the airlines, like charter companies... of course in the beginning muchacho muna kayo, as it has always been in Phil GEN AV. You clean the Capts car, buy them cigarettes, join them on beer busting or order pizza for a merienda, pakikisama "daw" thats what they call it.
Or, join the military and get hours on their S211s, hueys, C130, nomads etc.
Or, you can try your luck abroad. They always need some kind of mercenary pilots around Africa.
If you are only eyeing PAL, CEBUPAC or the like, without the Hours under your belt or a PADRINO under your belt too. Then PAL or Cebupac is a far outcry. Mauubos ang tuhod ninyo, they will not get you in.

Just my points of view.