PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft you love and hate to fly ...
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2009, 02:44
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm have remembered a few more, reading this!

Like:

DC3 - didn't fly it for very long, but it was wonderful fun. Slow as a slow thing though. Pretty dangerous taxiing downwind in a strong breeze. You always got wet when it was raining - we used to wear waterproof overtrou when there was rain around (water came in around windscreen seals).

B25 Mitchell - sort of a tricycle DC3 with a lot more power and the ability to carry bombs! The one I flew was a camera ship, so was always light and consequently a lot of fun. Nice having a flight engineer to look after gear and flaps too!

Harmon Rocket/RV-4 - lots of grunt and fun to fling around.

OK:

Rockwell Commander - not fast, but comfy!

Mooney Rocket/Missile - all that power made the lack of space and solid undercarriage worthwhile...

Dislike:

PA38 Tomahawk - thought they were an OK trainer until a friend told me to look behind me when in a spin. So I took a student up for spinning lessons and looked behind me - never have I seen a tail moving around so much while still being attached to the rest of the airframe...

Piper Apache - felt like it always had an engine failed, although both props were turning... no power at all.

Beech Sundowner - poor copy of a Cherokee. The Duchess that was based on it wasn't much better.