PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 19:37
ATR 250 Vmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

As of the Jet Orientation Course, yes it is mandatory for joining Wizz unless you are rated on the a320 or have some good hours on jet aircraft. Not many airlines look at JOC today, however Wizz does and a few polish friends of mine that joined Wizz recently with 3-4000 hours had to do the training!! All expenses paid by themselves offcourse. JOC often done in Essen, Germany, cost approx 800 euros per person if you do the course with a partner..

If a full typerating in FFS is accepted by Wizz as a JOC, that's a good quest?! haven't heard the quest before, but I believe u need to ask Wizz directly.

To the Canadian guy, the market in Europe is very very difficult at the moment! I know the Wizz polish market very well, the last figure I heard is that their's 160 applications from experienced local airline pilots only from Poland!

Most of them are from the busted Centralwings guys, experienced local pilots from the 737.. Many many applications from Eurolot, Wizz has taken many ATR guys fr this airline in the past!! And I know plenty guys from the main airline LOT that wants to jump over to Wizz because LOT is struggling at the moment and pay cuts is being discussed and will be realized very soon.

However, Wizz have in the past hired local polish 250 hours guys in front of experienced local pilots (I'm talking about the polish market, the other I don't really know).. So the chance is there for sure, but you have to remember that converting your license is expensive so you have to think twice before u make a decision.

About the salary for a fresh Wizz FO.. the 15000 Euros will be taken from your pay check, after u passed the line check. The old method was 1000 euro every month, might have changed slightly don't know. A normal salary for a Wizz officer is around 8000 polish zloty, a senior officer around 10.000 zloty. (does off course vary depending of sectors, season, base etc but thats good numbers though)

So to finish this up, during your simulator training and line training, lets say 4-5 months, you earn a training salary which is low (about 5000 zloty I would say)

After line check, you will still make about 5000 zloty during the first 15 months(!)..

All the numbers above is net, prepare yourself that for the first 20 months to earn 5000 zloty, that is about 1400 Euros... To fly an A320, welcome to the current financial situation, low cost and eastern Europe.

And about the roster, prepare yourself for 900 hours a year! Night flights at almost all the bases (not Waw airport closed at night) To start your duty at 1700 and land at 4 in the morning is standard..

// ATR 250