PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA - Flight Training VISAs CONCERN
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 17:36
Another

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you guys seem to love the legal stuff, here is more in an older thread:
http://www.pprune.org/private-flying...-part-1-a.html

The bottom line for me with regards to getting a visa (based on personal experience) is:
It is your personal choice how much peace of mind you need; a lot of people tell you different things.

Everyone digging through the paragraphs will tell you that you need a visa - in most circumstances. Yes, you are absolutely on the safe side getting one!!!
some people also speed..... and there is the risk of hitting someone at the same time and getting sued because you were speeding. the downside is substantial with a small chance of occuring. Your judgement call. If you want to cover you behind, you dont speed....

I went through the whole bloody M1 process and got it for my private.
I needed that peace of mind as I was solely there for my training and back then, would have probably freaked out every time I would have seen someone in uniform. The issue is - other than the immigration officer who wants to know the purpose of your stay - it seems like nobody afterwards cares about it. Neither the TSA, nor the flight school, nor the examiner.

In hindsight it seems like a lot of money...."what brings you to the united states" - "I want to have fun and see as much of your country as possible"

thoughts?