PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumours of Redundancies...
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2009, 07:38
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only way you could cut back numbers any further (and you are taliking about 25ish % of total) would be to significantly extend civilianisation of trades. Otherwise the role of 'Airpower' in the UK would need to be rewritten as Roles would need to be deleted.

This would also lend itself to the rumoured redundancy, otherwise the comments above are confusing and very mixed signals. Of course group ideology within a boardroom and practical reality are often continents apart.

I understand that extended service to 60 is already available and considered on an individual case by case basis. There is no way I would even mildly consider any service beyond 55 and it is quite likely I will be gone before then. Redundancy? ...Yes please!

I have heard from the chap with a pick at the coal face (RAF Regt) that recruiting for previously critically manned trades has stopped, despite the expenditure of an advertising campaign video that was not required after completion. So perhaps there is some truth in your rumour.

The system should be second guessing the economic recovery for when it happens, the PVRs presently on hold, may well prove to be a surge; and it will be 'Experience' that is leaving.