PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The VC 10
Thread: The VC 10
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2009, 14:04
Tercarley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the VC10 Round the World trips we used to stay at the Reef. Nice place Honolulu but pricey to eat and drink there. I liked the next stop or the stop before that depending on which way you were going which was Fiji. My wife and I went on a fantastic boat trip to one of the islands around there. It was like being in paradise. Super barbeque, drinking and swimming.

Hotel in Fiji not so great though with terrible rooms, rusty old taps on the washbasin and no discernible hot water either. A friend of mine in QANTAS told me that he woke up one morning having been aware of something running across his pillow all night - to find rat droppings on the pillow. Same hotel. The sheets barely fitted the beds and Im told that they just turned them over to make them last 2 occupants.

Cant be as bad as the crew hotel in Bandar Seri Began though. I had a room there once where it was termed a suite for the Captain. It was termed that because it couldnt be let (the room that was supposed to be the sitting room) as there was a 8' x 4' peice of plaster board out of the ceiling. As I was on the Allowances and Accom committee at BALPA at the time went out looking for a better hotel the next day. It would appear that the hotel we were in was the "best" one.

When I rang down for glasses for crew party was offered something else that was a close pronunciation of glasses.

Its all changed there now though. Modern hotels etc.