PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2009, 11:04
Aeroporto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eurocontrol Testing - Some Questions

Hello everyone!
I am new at the forum and I have some doubts and I would like to know if any of you could help me.

I am applying for ATCO in Eurocontrol in Maastricht and in my country. Both of them use Feast test. Following your suggestions in other posts I have read wikipedia information on this test but these two information seem contradictory.

"According to the rules of Eurocontrol, unsuccessful applicants must wait 2 years before a second attempt."
"(...) Eurocontrol sets the priority of the FEAST test on basic skills. Additionally, unlike some other national air traffic control organisations, multiple attempts are possible."

Other countries need to make their applicants wait two years to repeat the test but Eurocontrol doesn't`? Is this right?
I am asking because I am going to be 24 in a few days and I can't risk failing and then not be allowed to repeat the test in the two years after once the age limit is 25.
What if I fail the test in my country can I take it in Eurocontrol again?

Another question is if Eurocontrol ATCO when they finish their training have to stay in Maastricht or are they placed along Europe?

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers