PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2009, 23:14
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian
Pardon my frustration I expressed recently at the Group but I really think there is something very specific you can follow up here.
I had pointed to a transcript which surely you would have access to (the BOI).
I had pointed out a specific piece of blacking-out that may help us all understand possible actions in this flight.
I had (previously to your prompt) asked specific questions under FOI and am …. waiting for the MOD to respond.
I have thought of a way that the answer on that classified equipment may be obtained without their having to disclose what the equipment was to the public domain in the case that it was not relevent: could the Mull Group not, as an interested party, ask someone they trust who had eyeballed the un-abridged transcript to comment on whether it was the CPLS system or not? If there is no one available who could remember, could a deal not be done whereby a trusted 3rd party, say a senior judge or the like, who the state could also trust to be discrete could eyeball the un-abridged transcript and answer only in the scope of whether the blacked out text (describing the classified equipment) was “Covert Personnel Locator System” or not?
You may not like the path I am following but it at least gives you (the Group) two angles to try to get a review of the case (if they can be established to some reasonable extent):
!. If there was a piece of kit fitted that could have been used for local navigation in any way yet has not been disclosed, then the original BOI would have been inadequate;
2. If there had been an extra task put on them that has not been disclosed then again the original BOI would have been inadequate.