PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S-92 POH request
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2009, 19:59
Horror box

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He Fellow Aviators;

I am looking to download a Pilot Operating Handbook for the S-92 or at least the emergency section checklists.

I don't know if there is a copy in the public domain, but, if anyone can help me on this quest, many thanks.
Good luck with that one. I have no idea why you would want one, as if you are a S92 pilot you will have one, if you are not, it will make absolutely no sense to you. I am pretty sure it is not in the public domain, and for good reason. It is amended regularly, and is therefore rendered obsolete if not amended each time. Little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing. At the same time the last thing we would want to see is the checklist published in the paper after an accident from someone who downloaded it from the internet. I am sure this is not your intention, but it may be the intention of some.
Please don't take any offense at my comments, as none is intended. If you have concerns, address them through your union or management. If you have specific questions there are routes to address them. Other than that, just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Changes on both attitudes and practices have come about even in the last few months, that have made the business of flying offshore safer than ever. Certainly in the company I work for, it has always been the case that if we the crew have the slightest concern, and we decide to delay/cancel/turn back, no-one will question our decision on the basis of a safety call, and I am quite sure that is the same with most S92 operators.

Last edited by Horror box; 21st Jun 2009 at 07:45. Reason: Inappropriate comment.