PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2009, 19:33
poina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saudai Perspective

I just took early retirement after 19 yrs with Saudia, 9 on the A-300 and 10 on the MD-11, all in the left seat. Great place to work, great people to work for! They will go out of their way for you as long as you give them what we all want, RESPECT. In that time I flew around 9000 hrs. Now take 1 month + vaca, and you will get about 45 hr block a month for 19 yrs. Easiest flying job on the planet. My last year was 200k us and end of contract 300k. No problem to make a mil in 15 years. I know of no capt who put the time I did in who isn't. Things are tightening up a little more now with the work rules, but they will still schd for a 6 day block of time off a month with an acm anywhere in the system. Living in Saudia City has went way down since my start in 1990, but as mentioned before they seem to have realized it and getting better. I was with my wife and 2 kids, school paid but not the best school. OK if your kids are young. All in all, if you get an offer, jump on it! Respect them, respect their religion, don't bitch about nothing to do, that's the hardest part, get an interest in something as not much entertainment is provided. I am trying to go back now on the A-320 but no type and 56. Good luck to all!