PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Presidential Flight Abu Dhabi
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2009, 20:26
binrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
assuming you are single, considering u ask after nightlife it is ok to fairly poor, you can get a cold beer at the hotels but thats it about $6 to $10 a pint. Accomidation is a tough question you have the choice of on island on off it, and there is a 30 to 40 k diff between compareable properties, 198k on the island will get you something ok to good???? but you should do really well out in the sand off the island you just need to comute to abu dhabi, 35 to 45 k for a studio appartment (1 bed) in Kalliffa A (up to 600k p/a and paid for in advance for 6 to 8 bed villa) and close to the airport and work 10 mins, and 25 to 30 mins to town. 30 k BASIC salary is good to excelant comparing to Etihad, do you have any extras? cost of living is comparable to Aus somethings are cheap others not so but month to month it costs about the same to live as back home for me (Brisbane) for a family of 2 and 3. As for buying I think that the buildings will be sand before you pay them off, the quility is really poor and the legal framework is loaded towards the developer, Brings a whole new meaning to buyer beware.DXB is a much better life but you will need to allow at least an hour to hour and a half for travel and the road is a death trap between the speed and weather , but can be done if you are keen. A word of caution do you have family, kids, please if you do then think very hard as I said I have three and schools are expensive mine love the place but as I said Etihad is a problem regarding school, simply they dont pay enough to cover the costs and if the wife is coming then she will fast run out of things to do and really spend your hard earned or become boared very quickly and getting work here can be tedious.I will assume that with a tag of QF22 that you are Qf, also left them 14 months ago was the best thing I did but I have found that although the grass is greener it can still taste like sh#* but once again think hard and long and keep asking questions I will keep on sending answers. I will not tell you not to make the move but with the sandpit I have found that you will either like it or hate it there is no middle and as for the contract hard won expreriance has tought me that 4/5 of what you will be told is crap and the contract is best hung out in the dunny to wipe with, as when you get here the rules will change .