PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 15th May 2009, 14:48
Carrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In these days of increasing concern regarding privacy and loss of personal information by parties holding it, it would be interesting to know what happens to all of the personal information that has been collected by various agencies and individuals during this company's whole recruiting process.

I would never submit to such an insolently intrusive process. I worked my way up the aviation food chain to ATPL and have always submitted just my aviation and education credentials and valid work experience. Note that aviation credentials includes a Category 1 medical, which is all they are entitled to ask for in countries with any decent human rights legislation.

Over the years I expect some potential employers ignored my applications because I did not submit intrusive personal information but that was their loss. I have always been hired by somebody else who remained within the bounds of human rights decency. A potential employer’s attitude during the recruitment process is likely to indicate its attitude towards employees. One that is so intrusive is likely to be inconsiderate towards its employees to the point of being autocratic or dictatorial. Give it a miss; there are other employers out there who are far more considerate without in any way losing anything regarding safety or professionalism.